[tinwhiskers] Re: Regarding RoHS: Two Years In

  • From: "John Lau Hon-Shing" <lauhs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 05:52:07 +0800

Dear John:

How are you? Hope this email finds you well and happy as usual!

I have been out of touch of RoHS for 2 years. Some one asked me a
question and I am not sure about the answer and thus ask for your help!

On Page 13 of the attached report, it said:

[14] The Commission currently considers replacing point 8 of Commission
Decision 2005/747/EC as follows:
(a) Cadmium and its compounds in electrical contacts until 1 July 2009,
except for mechanical pellet-type one
shot thermal cut-offs as from 1 July 2007 and except for applications
banned under Directive 91/338/EEC
amending Directive 76/769/EEC relating to restrictions on the marketing
and use of certain dangerous
substances and preparations.
AND
(b) Cadmium plating as defined in Directive 91/338/EEC except for
applications banned under Directive
91/338/EEC amending Directive 76/769/EEC relating to restrictions on the
marketing and use of certain
dangerous substances and preparations.

(1) Did the Commission make a decision on point 8?
(2) If the answer of (1) is YES, then please send me the formal document
or showing me the link.

As always, thank you very much for your help!

Best Wishes!

John H. Lau
Microsystems, Modules & Components Laboratory
Institute of Microelectronics (IME)
11 Science Park Road
Singapore Science Park II
Singapore 117685