[tinwhiskers] Re: More articles on Toyota's accelleration proiblem

  • From: Rod <rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:47:10 +0000
On 6 Feb 2010, at 13:49, Rod wrote:

> I meant to add, for manual transmission there is a big "kill" lever on the
> floor called the clutch.
>
> The real dangerous problem is caused by the complex interlocks in automatic
> transmission, between gear lever, parking brake, ignition key, and whatever
> else I don't have in my manual automobile.

The real way forward, to rethink the engine management and control function,
must be to follow the cruise-control model: Step on the brakes, and you trip
out the accelerator function.

No doubt the engine management hardware omits a spare input, which could be
used for the brake switch.

regards,   Rod

rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx