[thinnews] ThinPrint International Channel Conference in Berlin - a complete success

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thinnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:18:03 -0500

Server Based Computing / Mobile Computing / Web Based Computing /  Phone
Computing / Wireless LAN / SAP / Document Management

ThinPrint International Channel Conference in Berlin - a complete success

Berlin, February 13, 2003

More than 100 visitors from 12 different countries came to the German
capital to participate in the first ThinPrint International Channel
Conference. The purpose of this event was to inform the ThinPrint Sales
Channel about the company's future strategic orientation, to introduce
product news, and to deepen participants' technical and commercial
knowledge.

Two all-day session tracks - sales and technical, each offered in both
German and in English - gave visitors the opportunity to choose from a rich
variety of informative commercial or technical presentations. In addition to
the sessions, several demo points were available for demonstrations of
practical scenarios with ThinPrint solutions.
The event was rounded off with evening festivities; a city tour and a dinner
in a select restaurant extending into the late hours were background for
discussions with ThinPrint staff and exchange of ideas between channel
partners.

Carsten Mickeleit, Managing Director of ThinPrint GmbH, was enthusiastic
about the event: "Our visitors' positive resonance  about the Channel
Conference shows that this kind of event is desired by and useful to our
partners. The high number of participants and the happy feedback definitely
ensure that the Channel Conference will in the future be a standard feature
in our event calendar."

The announcement of a list of innovations at this event made it clear that
besides the ever increasing market for server based computing, ThinPrint,
based on its newly released .print infrastructure, will also offer unique
solutions for the mobile, web based, and phone computing arenas.
For example, a new product was introduced for mobile computing: Roaming
Printer Profiles allows mobile workers with notebooks or tablet PCs to print
documents from any nearby printer when changing to a new network. A great
solution which generates great interest, not least of all for the growing
number of wireless LAN architectures.
The announcement of a strategic partnership with Symbian, the consortium of
leading mobile telephone manufacturers like Nokia and Sony-Ericsson aiming
to establish a performant operating system for mobile phones, underscores
the role phone computing will play in ThinPrint's future strategy. ThinPrint
was the first Symbian Enterprise Partner and already today offers a client
for the Symbian OS, which is supported by the Nokia mobile phone series 60
and 80; i.e., the only recently released model 7650.

More excitement greeted the introduction of the .print COLD client for
automatic, direct document archiving as well as information about ThinPrint
printer support in SAP environments.

In summary: the interesting mix of strategic news announcements and
availability of in-depth product and process know-how guaranteed that the
ThinPrint International Channel Conference was greeted enthusiastically by
all participants, as the following examples of visitor comments show:

"The Conference gave me the opportunity to discover the new technologies
from ThinPrint in compact form. The ThinPrint spectrum is increasingly well
rounded."
Frank Reimann, Systematics Integrations GmbH, Germany

"ThinPrint is a important product for our company because it fits very well
to our product line, therefore I came here to learn more about the
technology. Many of our customer set are strong in mobile computing and can
use the new TP products well. That promises a very good year for our
cooperation."
Annabel Dacres-Dixon, Interquad Systems, Great Britain

"We see the ICC as a broadened horizon, because here, we learned what all
can be done with ThinPrint. We will definitely build on this cooperation."
Frank Kreft, Büro Complett GmbH, Germany

"We came to this event to learn about new ThinPrint products. Our aim is to
be the first ThinPrint Distributor in France with whom new key markets can
be addressed."
Emmanuel Jeux, Risc Technologies, France

Further information:

ThinPrint GmbH
Annett Kujus
Alt.Moabit 73
D-10555 Berlin
Tel.:   +49 (0) 39 49 3 111
Fax:    +49 (0) 39 49 3 199
E-Mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet:       www.thinprint.com

ThinPrint GmbH

ThinPrint GmbH is the world's leading provider of software based solutions
for optimal transmission of print jobs and information in server and web
based environments and mobile and phone computing.

With ThinPrint .print the company offers the ideal infrastructure for
location independent information access. Regardless whether run with
Terminal Services, web applications, or the smallest mobile end devices like
cell phones and PDAs - ThinPrint .print always guarantees a high level of
information availability from any location.

Coming from the background of the company's years long experience, all
ThinPrint .print software components are based on proven and patented
technologies, like Driver Free Printing and Viewture technologies.

The software solutions of the Berlin based company are marketed worldwide in
more than 45 countries by renowned distributors and manufacturers. Strategic
partnerships between ThinPrint GmbH and leading hardware manufacturers
ensure that the advantages of ThinPrint .print are also available for use
with the smallest terminals, print boxes, PDAs and mobile telephones.