[thinnews] Press Release: David Weiss Joins Jetro Advisory Board

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thinnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:02:37 -0500

Towson, Maryland January 21, 2004 ? Jetro Platforms, Ltd., a leading
developer of comprehensive server-based computing (SBC) solutions that
provide
centralized management, security, business continuity, on-demand access, and
reduced total cost of ownership to enterprises, announced today the
appointment
of seasoned marketing professional and former Citrix executive David Weiss
to its
advisory board.

?David Weiss is a highly sought after professional in the software industry,
and
we are thrilled to have him on our team,? says Rafi Sweary, CEO of Jetro
Platforms. ?We have a very full agenda ahead of us in the coming year in
terms
of new products and releases. We expect that David?s knowledge and
experience
will be an invaluable asset to us as we develop new markets and expand
existing
ones.?

Jetro Platforms is the creator of the CockpIT? and BoostIT? flagship
products
that enable enterprises to quickly and easily deploy the server-based
computing
architecture, while preserving past investments in hardware and networking.
System administrators reap the benefits of drastically reduced application
deployment and system maintenance costs, while users benefit by the higher
productivity realized from remote access, increased performance, and
stability.
?Jetro has made a significant impact on the SBC market thus far,? says
Weiss.
?They have a clear strategy focused on a market segment that is open to
tremendous world-wide growth. I look forward to being part of it.?

Mr. Weiss is currently serving as vice president of the Information
Technology
Solutions division of Intuit Inc. This business unit develops software
solutions
that help businesses manage their information technology resources and
assets.

Prior to Intuit, he served as President and COO of Blue Ocean Software, Inc.
which was acquired by Intuit in 2002. Weiss served various executive roles
at
Citrix Systems beginning in 1995 and while the company?s annual revenues
grew
from just over $10 million to more than $600 million. Weiss was responsible
for
Citrix's overall business strategy, including markets, products, and
programs. Mr.
Weiss earned degrees in computer science and economics from Duke University.

About Jetro Platforms
Jetro Platforms Ltd. is an enterprise software developer of server-based
computing solutions. Jetro?s solutions leverage existing infrastructure to
create
the ultimate user-friendly working environment that enables on-demand secure
application access, boosts performance, guarantees business continuity,
minimizes security risks, and slashes Total Cost of Ownership. Jetro?s
flagship
product families are Jetro CockpIT? and Jetro BoostIT?, offering
multi-protocol
application delivery platforms with advanced directory services,
comprehensive
built-in printing solution, overall management, monitoring, reporting,
security
tools and more. Jetro solutions are sold worldwide through a network of
serverbased
computing resellers and integrators. For more information about Jetro
Platforms, Jetro CockpIT? or any of Jetro's family of server-based computing
solutions please visit www.jp-inc.com or write to info@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jetro Platforms Editorial Contact: Mr. David Waxman dwaxman@xxxxxxxxxx