[thinnews] New Book on Terminal Services 2003 from Ron Oglesby and Brian Madden

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thinnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, neocug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:04:51 -0500

Forwarded from the Thin List
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net
Hello All,
As many of you know, Ron and I have been working on a book together for
almost a year now. (In fact, a lot of people on this list helped out with
this book.) Well, we?re happy to announce that it?s finally done and
available now from Amazon.com.
The book is ?Terminal Services for Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Advanced
Technical Design Guide.? It?s similar to the two Citrix books I?ve done in
the past, except this book focuses completely on Terminal Server. It?s a
technical design guide, so it shows you how the stuff works and what it
takes to design a solid system. Oh, and it?s not approved or authorized by
Microsoft, so we show you how stuff /really/ works. J
We wrote this book since the new and improved features of Terminal Server in
Windows 2003 caused a lot of people to choose to use Terminal Server all by
itself without using MetaFrame at all. People always asked us, ?Do I need
Citrix?? or ?Can Terminal Server 2003 really do xxx?? You can find out in
this book. We also cover all the strategies for using the third party tools.
Here?s a link to get the book from Amazon.com:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0971151040/brianmadden-20>
Also, we made the printing chapter of the book available as a free download
a few months ago. In case you missed it:
<http://www.brianmadden.com/books/0971151040/TS2003BookPreview.zip>
Finally, I still have the paper I wrote with Gabe Knuth a few months ago
comparing Citrix, Terminal Server, New Moon, Jetro, and DAT:
<http://www.brianmadden.com/reviews/SBC_Software_Roundup.htm>
Thanks,
Brian
Brian Madden
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1.202.302.3657
Visit www.brianmadden.com <http://www.brianmadden.com> for in-depth Citrix,
Terminal Server, and server-based computing news and analysis, white papers,
downloadable videos, and product reviews.