[THIN] Re: troubleshooting a citrix environment

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:01:06 -0800

There has been a common assumption over the years from most vendors
(and even many IT staff) that when Citrix (Presentation Server in this
case) is installed into an environment then Citrix is always the first
point of blame.

Most frequently the root of the issue is with a user (what they did on
their PC never had an impact but now that they do it in a multi-user
environment it does) or with an application itself.

Applications have gotten considerably better over the years (from the
dark days of Delphi built DOS apps on WinFrame) but most are not built
with multi-user (Terminal Services) in mind.

As was said previously, begin with fully understanding what the
user(s) is/are doing and work back from there.