[THIN] session printers missing from silo to published desktop thru WI

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:37:19 -0600

Here is a good one -

PS4.0 setup with 2 login servers that house a published desktop.  Users
are handed via script/gpo their tools to work with.  Some programs run
local on the login server (i.e. office, adobe etc) while the rest are
published applications to the Silo'd farm.

Now have CSG3/WI4.0 thru SSL and my test login thru WI gets to the
desktop fine, client printers show up as session printers (with the
WI_W#####) after the name.  When that user launches a published app from
the Silo - no session printers show up and thus cannot print from the
silo, thru the desktop onto the client.

I have my first policy for WI users that allows all session printers,
mappings etc and applied to CLIENTNAME  WI_*.   Works good.  My second
policy has same allowances but for CLIENTNAME (ABCSERVER) which is the
published desktop server they login to but no session printers show up
in that published app.  I tested with notepad and it only shows the
login scripted printer assignments that runs via the GPO attached to the
Silo.

Am I thinking incorrect in that policy 1 gets ignored from the Silo
because it comes from a clientname other than WI_* which means it should
apply?  Or, is this too much for auto creation session printers to
handle.

Ron Jameson
Hamlin Technologies