[THIN] Re: session kill

  • From: marcus <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 16:09:32 +0200

Jason CitrixADmin wrote:
I found the following script that is supposed to handle disconnected
sessions, but I think it kills ALL disconnected sessions, not just those
belonging to a user.
Since I am not very good with scripts perhaps someone can verify, and
verify that it works across morethan one server.

/ Logoff Disconnected Sessions
' If you want to logoff active sessions as well, change the query to include
' cActive
On Error Resume Next

Const cActive = 0
Const cDisconnected = 4
Const strComputer = "."

Set objWMICitrix =
GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer &
"\root\citrix")
Set colItems = objWMICitrix.ExecQuery ("Select * from Metaframe_Session
Where sessionstate = " & cDisconnected)

For Each objItem in colItems
if (objItem.SessionID > 0) and objItem.SessionID then
objItem.Logoff
end if
Next

/
/Set objWMICitrix = Nothing/
Hej,
i've found the solution for a users leftover (reason may vary) disconnected sessions: in the line where the logoff is done:
change tokens=3 to tokens=2

logoff awaits either a session id or a session name.
With tokens=2 disconnected sessions have the session id,
active sessions have the session name.

one more: i've stumbled upon an error when using "query user" and whitespace in the username. Switching to quser has fixed that for at least Srv 2003 R2. Weird but working

cheers, Marcus

    Hej,

    first: many thanks, i've seen the script, tested and deployed it. As
    icon the red Powerbutton from Shell32.dll, a descriptive name - no
    room left for questions like "What's that for".

    One Question / an observation i made: what about disconnected sessions?
    As far as i've seen they aren't logged off.

    cheers, Marcus