[THIN] Re: session kill

  • From: Dan Dill <Dan.Dill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 10:58:02 -0700

Citrix almost has a nice utility for this.  See:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX124949

Except for this major caveat that sunk the boat for me:

"Allow non Citrix administrators to log off their own sessions in the farm
(32bit version only)."

So if you're running 32bit that might work for you.  Bummer that Citrix
hasn't continued development of this to make that functionality work on
x64.

Dan

From:   Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:   06/03/2014 10:23 AM
Subject:        [THIN] session kill
Sent by:        thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like for users to be able to kill their own sessions.
 Occasionally our app will hang up, and when that happens the only way we
have been able to clear it is to reset the users session.   i am looking
for a way to allow the users teh ability to do this themselves without
having to involve support.

My current brain storm is have a "secondary" app launch with our main one.
 It will simply be a button they can click that will force a log off using
the shutdown /l /f command.
While I can implement that easily enough the trouble I am finding is that
I need a way to make sure that this secondary app closes on its own if
they exit the main app.
If built with a VBscript is there a way to get the secondary one to watch
for the termination of the main app and close itself or exit if the main
one closes?
I have very little scripting experience and am trying to come up with a
solution on my own time at the moment that I can present since I know my
suggestion will fall on mostly deaf ears if I ask for something to be
developed.