[THIN] Re: scripting

  • From: "Keith Sirmons" <KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:03:08 -0600

Thank you.  This definitely gives me a start.

Keith

Keith Sirmons
Microcomputer/LAN Administrator
College of Veterinary Medicine

>>> euan.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/29/2005 9:16 PM >>>

Here is a quick's dirty script I  wrote for our GIS admin to allow him
to do a similar thing - checks for users using GIS applications on our
MF servers and sends them a message to get off - after a couple of
warnings it kills the GIS processes so he can update core data files
should give you a few pointers on how to do this - This script is run on
each server and works quite well - you may be able to play with the
QFARM /PROCCESS command to write a single script - or you could write
another script and use the SOON command to schedule the main script on
each of your MF servers

@echo off
::  CHECK_GIS.CMD - Script to check for active GIS users on Metaframe.

::  Users who have these apps open are given 2 minutes to close them
and then a 2nd check for these apps
::  is done.  Users who still have these apps open are given another
minute to close them and another check is
::  done.  Users who still have these apps open are given a further
minute and then the processes are
::  terminated.

%SystemDrive%

cd\

qprocess *|find "arcview.exe" >AVUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (avUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You currently have
Arcview open Please exit this program so the CRS Data can be updated.

qprocess *|find "Arcmap.exe" >AmUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (avmUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You currently have
ArcMap open Please exit this program so the CRS Data can be updated.

qprocess *|find "hawke.exe" >GMUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (GMUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You currently have
Gismo II open Please exit this program so the CRS Data can be updated.

sleep 120

qprocess *|find "arcview.exe" >AVUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (avUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You currently have
Arcview open Please exit this program so the CRS Data can be updated.

qprocess *|find "Arcmap.exe" >AmUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (avmUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You currently have
ArcMap open Please exit this program sothe CRS Data can be updated.

qprocess *|find "hawke.exe" >GMUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (GMUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You currently have
Gismo II open Please exit this program so the CRS Data can be updated.

sleep 60

qprocess *|find "arcview.exe" >AVUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (avUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You Have not closed
Arcview yet!!!  This application will be closed in one minute so the CRS
Data can be updated.

qprocess *|find "Arcmap.exe" >AmUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (avmUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You Have not closed
Arcmap yet!!!  This application will be closed in one minute so the CRS
Data can be updated.

qprocess *|find "hawke.exe" >GMUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in (GMUsers.lst) DO MSG %%i You Have not closed
GISMo II!!!  This application will be closed in one minute so the CRS
Data can be updated.

sleep 50

qprocess *|find "arcview.exe" >AVUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=4" %%i in (avUsers.lst) DO Kill %%i -f

qprocess *|find "Arcmap.exe" >AmUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=4" %%i in (avmUsers.lst) DO Kill %%i -f

qprocess *|find "hawke.exe" >GMUsers.lst
for /f "tokens=4" %%i in (GMUsers.lst) DO Kill %%i -f

On 11/29/05, Keith Sirmons <KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Is there a
good source for citrix scripts on the web?

There is an app that is updated frequently and I would like to write a
scrip to do it automatically.
When I do it by hand, I send a message to all that is logged on and
tell them to close the app.  I wait 5 minuets and then logoff their
sessions.  I then copy the application's new exe to the correct folder
and let the users back onto the citrix server.

I am wanting to create a script that will do this automatically.  I
know how to script the file copies.  I'm just clueless to where to start
for turning citrix off and back on gracefully.

Thank you for any direction you can point me.

Keith Sirmons

--
Mark E. Schill