[THIN] quick question on virtualization platforms

  • From: "Kevin Stewart" <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:12:29 -0400

Gurus and associated experts,

I work for a company with a HUGE investment in VMware ESX and I can safely
say that I am very knowledgeable in the product(s). I now have an
opportunity to build a new virtualization infrastructure for another company
and I'm toying with the idea of stepping out of my comfort zone to look at
products like XenServer, MS Hyper-V, or Virtual Iron. I understand that this
is mainly a Citrix/RDP list, but I would also assume that many, or most of
you, are experts in one VM solution or another. Can anyone with experience
in VMware and one or more of the other products offer up your insite into
the differences, strengths and weaknesses of each? All of the vendors have
their own comparison models, so I'm really looking for personal experience.

Thanks in advance.
K Stewart