[THIN] Re: pc anywhere

  • From: Michael.Jilek@xxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:31:31 +0200

Hi Ronnie

it depends on the PC Anywhere Version you are using.
But its not supported by Symantec. See the 2nd link (this should be your
document).

1. pcAnywhere host on TS Server:
http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/faa8bc3ae0384ccf8825734e0058c2b9?OpenDocument

2. pcAnywhere Remote on TS 2003 Server:
http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/3c703f5e59a42b74802574bf00332ff8?OpenDocument

We actually use the pcAny 12.1 (remote) and it runs without major
problems.
Due the limitation with previous versions we have limited the pcAny
Sessions to 1 per Server.
The annoying thing is the screen refresh rate of pcAny within the ica
Session, but this "must have users" have to live with it. ;)

Greetings

Michael

Von:
"Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
An:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum:
18.08.2010 14:12
Betreff:
[THIN] pc anywhere
Gesendet von:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I have been trying to avoid this one on the new implementation of XenApp
4.5 on 2k3, but I am getting overruled.

We do have been running  PcAnywhere on our old farm but it is very grainy
and I was hoping that the one person in the company that actually uses it
would be just given a Vista PC but I'm being pushed to Install and test it
in our new environment.

Has anyone had any good experiences?

Or pointers to documents to say that it shouldn't be done.

thanks

Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited. Registered in Ireland. Reg.
No. 45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Leasing Limited. Registered in
Ireland. Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
Co.Dublin.
may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender
by return email. You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, disclose or use this email or its contents in any way. Any
such action is strictly prohibited. Thank you.