[THIN] Re: outlook 2003 profiles.

  • From: "Jose Luis Delgado" <delgadojl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:13:15 -0600

Thank you for your reply.
this is my current  .INI file:

[Header]
Version  = 11.0
Product  = Microsoft Office 11.0

[ExcludeFiles]
%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG

[IncludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook
HKCU\Software\Niko Mak Computing
HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat
HKCU\Printers

[IncludeIndividualRegistryKeys]

[IncludeIndividualRegistryValues]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device

[ExcludeRegistryTrees]

[ExcludeIndividualRegistryKeys]

[ExcludeIndividualRegistryValues]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\PowerPoint\Options\Background spell checking
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options\AutoSpell
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options\AutoGrammar

[RegistryTreesToRemoveToResetToDefaults]

[IndividualRegistryValuesToRemoveToResetToDefaults]

[RegistryTreesToExcludeToResetToDefaults]

[RegistryKeysToExcludeToResetToDefaults]

[RegistryValuesToExcludeToResetToDefaults]

is there any entries that I should removed or edit as for your suggestion.
and in answer to your question, Yes user is logged off server A and
then logs in into server B. I also I have profile wizard to display
the progress bar and it seems that it is re-storing and saving
settings during the logon and logoff.

Thank you again.
-Jose.

On 12/20/06, TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jose,

You'll want to double check that you have the following entries in your INI
for the flex profiles:

Under - [IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook

I was going to ask you to check your login / logoff scripts too but then the
following thought just occured to me, regarding the info you've provided:

User A logs into Server A - outlook profile gets setup.

User A logs into Server B - ***Are you doing this before logging this user
off server A?***

The general concept with flex profiles being that you have combination of:
  - login scripts to restore user settings
  - logoff scripts to save user settings.

Without that initial logoff . .you have no settings to be restored when they
connect to another TS server.

HTH

Lan