[THIN] Re: outlook 2003 profiles.

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:14:14 -0800

Jose,

I've been using the following setup for quite a while in my PRF's, this PRF
was setup under the assumption that the only profile required is an exchange
server profile for the end user. Many settings in here could be diferent
dependant on your needs, but hopefully this will help get you going.

***begin PRF***

; **************************************************************
; Section 1 - Profile Defaults
; **************************************************************
[General]
Custom=1
DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Append
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=TRUE
DefaultStore=Service1

; **************************************************************
; Section 2 - Services in Profile
; **************************************************************

[Service List]
;ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client
ServiceEGS=Exchange Global Section
Service1=Microsoft Exchange Server
ServiceEGS=Exchange Global Section
Service2=Outlook Address Book

;***************************************************************
; Section 3 - List of internet accounts
;***************************************************************

[Internet Account List]

;***************************************************************
; Section 4 - Default values for each service.
;***************************************************************

[ServiceEGS]
MailboxName=%UserName%
HomeServer=Exchange

[Service1]
OverwriteExistingService=No
UniqueService=Yes
MailboxName=%UserName%
HomeServer=Exchange
AccountName=Microsoft Exchange Server
***End PRF***

Happy holidays,

Lan

On 12/21/06, Jose Luis Delgado <delgadojl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm sorry for the delay reply.
The file attribute seems to make a change, now when the user logs in
into server B i received the following message, see attachment: even
though I have the following in my PRF file:

[General]
Custom=1
ProfileName=Microsoft Outlook
DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Yes
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=FALSE

Thank you,
Lan.

On 12/20/06, TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Login.cmd =
>
> ***begin script***
>
> Attrib -H H:\config.ops
> Copy /Y H:\config.ops "%temp%\config.ops"
> C:\scripts\proflwiz.exe /r "%temp%\config.ops" /q
> Attrib +H H:\config.ops
>
> ***end script***
>
> And the Logoff.cmd =
>
> ***begin script***
>
> Attrib -H H:\config.ops
> cd\
> c:\scripts\proflwiz.exe /s "%temp%\config.ops" /i
c:\scripts\template.ini /q
> copy /y "%temp%\config.ops" "H:\"
> Attrib +H H:\config.ops
>
> ***end script***
>
> Did running procmon pickup any errors either in "writing to the remote
share
> during logoff", or in "writing to the registry during login on server
B"?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/processmonitor.mspx

> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Lan

> > > Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
> > > Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG

Messaging
> > > Subsystem
Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook

> > > NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device

> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\PowerPoint\Options\Background
> > > spell checking
> > > >

> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options\AutoSpell
> > > >

> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options\AutoGrammar

> suggestion.

> your
> > > INI

Messaging