[THIN] Re: new site - virtualise or not

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:53:16 +0100

Hi,

skipping lots of details...

Unless needed for other reasons, I see no extra reason to use a $$$ SAN for
a few virtual account servers.

Put the account data somewhere shared (presuming they work with the same
data, even if not, its a good idea to seperate data from the VM) ,
virtualize the servers, get 2 or 3 boxes, thats what I would do. Makes easy
data backup possible, makes easy saveguarding of VM images possible.

Im guessing the bulk data would be the account data, not the size of the VM
images.

Gr Richard