[THIN] Re: multiple sessions with same id when user clicks twice or more onpublished application

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:58:34 -0800

Hi Peter,

I have noticed the same thing a week ago without NFuse on MetaFrame XP sp2
and Win2K sp3 - I was writing a MetaFrame management utility when realized
that there were multiple sessions with the same ID, and not just ID but
identical sessions (!!!). First, I was thinking I have a bug in my program
since discovery was done through my creation. However checking with Citrix
native tools as well as Microsoft confirmed - yes we managed to do the
impossible, i.e. identical sessions (2 dups max).

Note that this is not a bug with Citrix MFCom - the same result is received
with raw Microsoft API calls (neither Citrix nor Microsoft use MFCom with
their native tools; I checked results via MFCom as well as Microsoft WTS
API). All sessions were ICA.

Did anyone come up with plausible explanation?

ALEX