[THIN] Re: citrix profile shortcuts not saved

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 04:52:46 -0700

Sounds like Windows is doing what it supposed to do.  Desktop shortcuts are
a machine specific but stored under the users profile.  Much like Local
Settings directory of the user's profile it is excluded from the roaming
profile and discarded when the user logs off.

The way I see, you have two choices.   Use Flex Profiles to capture and
restore the Bags registry key found under the ShellNoRoam key.  Or use and
application that dynamically provisions the shortcuts to the user when the
logon.  With Citrix, you can use the PNAgent tool. Third party solutions
like RES PowerFuse do the samething.

Joe