[THIN] Re: XP Printer Mapping

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:14:38 -0700

Print mappings are for auto-created printers, not network printers.  The
printer import function in the CMC is for assigning Network Printers to
users, not auto-created printers.  They are two different things.

Joe

On 8/25/06, Michael Boggan <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

we have the drivers installed. the problem is that the drivers on the print server is not compatible with citrix so we want to remapp them to a compatible driver. i have done some research and from what i have found so far is that driver mapping does not work with printers imported from print servers. can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Michael Boggan

 ------------------------------
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:07:03 -0700
From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: XP Printer Mapping

You still need to install the print drivers... Using the Import function
in the CMC does not install the drivers.  A quick way to do this is:

Start->Run
\\PrintServerName

Select all the shared printers, Right Click and select Connect.
Delete the print queues on you citrix server (as you only need the
drivers)

Joe

On 8/25/06, *Michael Boggan* < mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 We are publishing a desktop out to users on wyse terminals.  We have
imported several print servers into the farm.  Several of the drivers are
non standard drivers so we are using printer mapping within the CMC to
remapp those drivers to "good" drivers on the servers.  But for some reason,
the driver mappings are not working.  The printer is not autocreating.  It
gets an error in the Eventlog saying that the printer could not be
autocreated because an appropriate driver could not be found.  Any ideas why
this is?

This is on XP FR3 on 2003 servers.

Thanks, Michael Boggan

------------------------------ Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! Try it now! <http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview>

Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search Try it
now!<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=weather&FORM=WLMTAG>