[THIN] Re: XP Printer Mapping

  • From: "Michael Boggan" <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mike Semon" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:46:24 -0500

That's the article we have been looking at.  #5 is our problem.  Printer
mapping does not work with imported print server printers.Thanks,Michael Boggan

Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:43:03 -0500From: msemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: XP
Printer MappingTo: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you have any Ver-2 drivers on your Terminal Server? If so remove them they
are evil. Take a look at this article to see where your auto-creation process
is failing.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX881017&searchID=27746847

Also try mapping this

"HP LaserJet 4000 PCL 6" = "HP LaserJet 4 Plus"

Mike

-----Original Message-----From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Michael BogganSent: Friday,
August 25, 2006 1:11 PMTo: Joe ShonkSubject: [THIN] Re: XP Printer MappingTHe
problem is that the printer mappings don't work with printers assigned by
importing print servers.  Example.  A printer on the print server users HP
LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6.  This is a non-microsoft provided driver and is
causing the wfshell.exe to crash which inturn causes the Cut and Paste
functionality to not work.  We want to use the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL6
driver which IS microsoft provided.  Unfortunately mapping the first one to the
second one does NOT work because the printers are imported from a print
server.Thanks,Michael Boggan

Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:22:19 -0700From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxxxx:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: XP Printer MappingAlso,  what about the
driver makes it incompatible with Citrix?  For the most part you may be able
use it like a regular network printer, but also create a printer mapping for it
so clients don't auto-create printers with that driver. Joe
On 8/25/06, Michael Boggan <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

we have the drivers installed.  the problem is that the drivers on the print
server is not compatible with citrix so we want to remapp them to a compatible
driver.  i have done some research and from what i have found so far is that
driver mapping does not work with printers imported from print servers.  can
anyone confirm this? Thanks,Michael Boggan

Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:07:03 -0700From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxxxx:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: XP Printer Mapping
You still need to install the print drivers... Using the Import function in the
CMC does not install the drivers.  A quick way to do this is:
Start->Run\\PrintServerNameSelect all the shared printers, Right Click and
select Connect. Delete the print queues on you citrix server (as you only need
the drivers)Joe
On 8/25/06, Michael Boggan < mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are publishing a desktop out to users on wyse terminals.  We have imported
several print servers into the farm.  Several of the drivers are non standard
drivers so we are using printer mapping within the CMC to remapp those drivers
to "good" drivers on the servers.  But for some reason, the driver mappings are
not working.  The printer is not autocreating.  It gets an error in the
Eventlog saying that the printer could not be autocreated because an
appropriate driver could not be found.  Any ideas why this is?  This is on XP
FR3 on 2003 servers.Thanks,Michael Boggan

Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live
Toolbar Today! Try it now!

Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search Try it now!

Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!
Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us