[THIN] Windows Explorer

  • From: "Adrian Rossolillo" <aross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:02:45 -0500

Hi All,

I have a question about publishing windows explorer to end users.

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I was wondering what folks
who are out in the field are doing regarding this topic. We have slowly been
deploying Citrix to our end users in our branches. The method we went with was
web interface with published apps and locked down local desktops so all our
users could get to was WI. I have to say I know most folks hate change but I
never thought the biggest issue would be not having Windows Explorer. Call me
naïve but I know what documents I open on a daily basis and which apps I need
to use to open them. The lack of an explorer type interface has been the
biggest complaint from my end users so far. I bring up this subject as I am
fixing an issue where a user was able to circumvent my lockdown by doing a
"file---open" in word and clicking on "tools---save as a favorite" and then
using internet explorer favorites to access his drives.

I am just curious about whether it is worth the fight or if most shops just
publish explorer.

Thanks

Adrian Ross

Network Systems Manager

Synergy Bank

310 North Avenue East

Cranford, New Jersey 07016

Phone: (908) 956-3283

Fax: (908) 956-3864

E-mail: aross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.synergyonthenet.com

This message (and any attachment) is solely for the intended recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosure, duplication, use,
or distribution of the information included in and with this message is
prohibited - please immediately and permanently delete it.