[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:12:50 +1200

I published iexplore.exe and feed it the path ai want it to start in and the
-e switch to show folders.

Like this for the users who want the K drive.

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -e  k:\

On 11/18/06, Adrian Rossolillo <aross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi All,

I have a question about publishing windows explorer to end users.

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I was wondering what
folks who are out in the field are doing regarding this topic. We have
slowly been deploying Citrix to our end users in our branches. The method we
went with was web interface with published apps and locked down local
desktops so all our users could get to was WI. I have to say I know most
folks hate change but I never thought the biggest issue would be not having
Windows Explorer. Call me naïve but I know what documents I open on a daily
basis and which apps I need to use to open them. The lack of an explorer
type interface has been the biggest complaint from my end users so far. I
bring up this subject as I am fixing an issue where a user was able to
circumvent my lockdown by doing a "file---open" in word and clicking on
"tools---save as a favorite" and then using internet explorer favorites to
access his drives.

I am just curious about whether it is worth the fight or if most shops
just publish explorer.

Thanks

Adrian Ross

Network Systems Manager

Synergy Bank

310 North Avenue East

Cranford, New Jersey 07016

Phone: (908) 956-3283

Fax: (908) 956-3864

E-mail: aross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.synergyonthenet.com

This message (and any attachment) is solely for the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosure, duplication,
use, or distribution of the information included in and with this message is
prohibited - please immediately and permanently delete it.