[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 Search Issues

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:57:15 +0100

Curious - is the search still running when you close it? If so, what happens if
you stop it then close the window?

Andrew
--o--

>>> goconnor@xxxxxxxxx 19/07/04 23:56:59 >>>
If I use search in Windows Explorer, and then close it, the window stays
in the task bar and does not close. It is as if there is a process not
closing. The window will eventually close about 30 seconds later. If you
try and open another Windows Explorer it will not open.  This is
happening on all my Windows 2003 Servers. I have had a look at the
Windows 2003 post RTM fixes and there is nothing listed:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/canned.aspx?R=d&H=Microsoft%20Window
s%20Server%202003%20Post-RTM%20Fixes&LL=&Sz=kbWinserv2003preSP1fix&Fr=&D
U=&SD=GN&LN=EN-US&CND=1&VR=&CAT=&VRL=&SG=&MaxResults=250

Here is the list of hot fixes installed on all servers:

KB819639-x86-ENU

KB819696-x86-ENU

KB823182-x86-ENU

KB823559-x86-ENU

KB824105-x86-ENU

KB824141-x86-ENU

KB824145-x86-ENU

KB824146-x86-ENU

KB825119-x86-ENU

KB828035-x86-ENU

KB829558-x86-ENU

KB832894-x86-ENU

KB828028-x86-ENU

KB828741-x86-ENU

KB835732-x86-ENU

KB837001-x86-ENU

KB837009-x86-ENU

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grant O'Connor

Senior Systems Engineer

MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003,  Citrix Certified Administrator, CCNA, A+
Certified Technician,  NDIC (L5-NZQA),MCP+I

DDI: 09-574-3402

Fax: 09-574-3588

Service: 0800-432-925

GDC Communications LTD, Mt Wellington Highway, Mt Wellington, Auckland,
New Zealand

Email: goconnor@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:goconnor@xxxxxxxxx>

Web: www.ivasp.com

WARNING This email contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL and may be
subject to LEGAL PRIVILEGE. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
attachments. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by return email, facsimile or telephone (call us collect)
and delete this email. Thank you.GDC accepts no responsibility for any
effects this email message or attachments has on the recipient network
or computer system.

http://www.go-eol.com