[THIN] Adobe Acrobat Pro V6.0 and using IMS (XPE) packager with Adobe Tuner etc

  • From: "Brook Papworth" <Brook.Papworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:20:40 +0800

Hi All,

Have any of you come across an issue when trying to "package" Adobe
Acrobat Pro V6.0?

Although it good that V6.0 finally works with Citrix Presentation
server, and that Adobe have actually produced a very basic installation
document, however the issue we have is that there are several servers in
the farm that the application needs to be available from, so installing
it manually on each server is not an option, it must be packaged in
something like the Adobe Tuner or Wyse Installer or the ORK Toolkit (MS
website).

As you would know we are now up to V6.02 of Acrobat, so having a
standard way of deploying both (original install and updates) as
packages under Citrix (we are using XPE) would be great.

The issue I am having currently is that the Adobe Acrobat tuner seems
to be very slow to respond (on more than one PC) and also it appears
that sections of the tuner do not function at all, such as the Product
Properties tab, which unfortunately is the part that allows the serial
number to be input.

I would normally use Citrix IMS to add the MSI and MST file to the
package, however creating the custom MST file (preferably using the
tuner) and then adding the culmulative upgrades are proving to be quite
a challenge.

Has anyone done this before with Acrobat 6.0 Pro?

Regards

Brook Papworth
External Technical Consultant
Department of Housing and Works