[THIN] Re: Win2K TS - printer mapping for HP OfficeJet 5100Series, running on WinXP client?

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:16:38 +0100

hmm, fair nuff :)

presumably the printer is being created on the TS, but is just going to another
printer? check to see what port the printer is set to use on the TS - it should
be along the lines of "client\computername\HP OfficeJet blah" (assuming its not
changed in mfxp)

I suppose the standard thing to check (depending what your users are like!) is
if theyre actually printing to the correct printer!

Andrew
--o--

>>> MLeone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 22/09/03 15:05:35 >>>
I've got the manual that came with the printer in front of me - says "hp
officejet 5100 series all-in-one" on the front. Copyright 2002. Lists Win98,
98SE, Win2K, WinME, WinXP as supported OSes. Also Macintosh.

No idea if it's USB or not.

My users goes to print (by hitting the default printer icon in any
application - which should be her local printer), and it gets printed here
on my LAN, on a network-connected HP LaserJet 4, in some other department.
The TS does have this HP 4 defined as a system printer, printing via IP. (I
did it that way, so home users could route a printout to their department
printer, if need be. So the TS server has a number of printers setup on it,
all connected via IP).