[THIN] What version of Adobe Reader works best on Terminal Server

  • From: "Pfeifer, Bruce A MSER:EX" <Bruce.A.Pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:18:33 -0700

We are currently using adobe reader version 4.05c, and some of our customers
have requested we upgrade it to v5

What version should we upgrade to?

Looking at the RAM consumed by Adobe, is version 6 any less resource
intensive (I cannot find v6 to download and test)??
Version 4 uses 14 MB RAM per instance
5.0.5 full version uses 22 MB
5.1 basic uses 27 MB and
5.1 full uses 29 MB

Our Capacity planning has been based on resource utilization of existing
apps, upgrading Adobe will effect capacity and so we hope to keep the impact
at a minimum.

thanks,
Bruce Pfeifer
Victoria BC Ca.