[THIN] Re: Web access monitoring

  • From: Seán <pne1881@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:32:01 +0000 (GMT)

Ken Lutz wrote:
>We currently have Surf Control in place to monitor user web
activity.  The
>problem with Surf Control is that it requires an additional product
to be able
>to deal with Citrix users.  My question is, what are you guys using
to monitor
>your Citrix (Terminal Server) users web surfing activities?  We
need the
>product to be able to monitor web activity by user as well as be
able to block
>sites.

Came across this recently - you need a proxy to filter TS users in
Surfcontrol.

"About Windows Terminal Server and Citrix Metaframe- If your network
uses Windows NT Terminal Server or Citrix Metaframe and you want to
block by user, you must use SurfControl Web Filter (WF) for MS
Proxy, MS ISA or Velocity Server."

http://kb.surfcontrol.com/display/1/kb/article.asp?aid=1103&s=

- Sean Carr
Techniche Ltd.

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80
http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk
This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html