[THIN] Web Interface Query

  • From: "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:07:35 +0800

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi All,

I am trying to get my citrix web interface 4.5 server to be accessed from all
my other citrix servers using the AMC discovery, however I keep on getting the
following error message:

Ensure that the name is correct, the server is contactable, and that a
supported version of Presentation Server or XenApp is installed.

523

I have opened up the firewall for TCP 135 and locked the registry on the
servers to use ports 8000 -  9000 and even amended local policy to allow the
ctx_ConfigMgr account the right to log on as a service and a batch.

The discovery still fails and I have since looked at the COM+ settings and Im
still getting the errors.

As I didn' t set up the web interface server I have just noticed that there is
no citrix XML service running on the server and in the AMC on the web interface
server under Web Interface tab details I can see the Configuration Source is
listed as a ' Local File'  could this be why I cannot administer the web
interface server from the other citrix AMC' s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Alan