[THIN] Re: Web Interface 5.2 Upgrade

  • From: "Eilers, Lee (CDC/OCOO/ITSO)" <lee4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:20:06 -0500

We recently upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2 and have clients from 10.x to 11.2
accessing the platform without issue.  However, we did see a bug with
the 11.2 client were seamless apps is broken.

Note that there are at least THREE known builds of WI 5.2.  5.2.18,
5.2.29 and 5.2.36.  We are on 5.2.29 where we saw the problem whereas
5.2.18 did not exhibit the issue.  v5.2.0.36  Is the one that comes on
Feature pack 2.

http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=1858481&p
roductId=186
<http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=1858481&;
productId=186>

For the seamless app bug we had in 5.2.29, the TRM provided the
following guidance that appeared to fix the issue:

1. Using a text editor, open the WebInterface.conf file in the \conf
directory for the site, which is typically located at
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\SiteName\conf.

2. Find the following line in the file:

# ShowDesktopViewer=Off

3. Change this line to:

ShowDesktopViewer=On