[THIN] Re: Way, way OT. What to ask a technical webmaster in an interview?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 06:06:14 -0800 (PST)

ASP.net,  XAML, RSS, XML,  J2ME (Sun Java), Macromedia Dreamweaver experience?
Cold Fusion Experience?  Jscript, JavaScript, Flash, PHP
See http://www.acronymfinder.com for definitions.
Here is a book for you http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book_job_web_master.htm
More important Questions you should think about than just buzzwords:

Tell me about your technical skills.
What kind of work environment are you looking for?
If I were to ask your current co-workers about you, what would they say?
What did you find most and least attractive about your last work situation?
How would you handle this situation (fill in an appropriate scenario for the
job)?
What motivates you to put forth your best effort?"
What changes or improvements did you try to make in a previous job?
As you know, we'll be checking references before we make an offer to a
candidate. With that in mind, is there anything else you'd like to tell me

JAK

 wrote:
I will shortly be interviewing candidates for a technical webmaster role,
but am not even remotely webby enough to do so competently ;-) Can anyone
suggest good topics for me to bone up on in order to ask reasonably coherent
questions? The post holder will be responsible for administering our IIS2,
ISA server intranet and internet connection and WebMarshall content
filtering. The nuts and bolts of site design will be included but we're
trying to dissuade graphic designers. The main part of the postholders role
is IT engineering with Webmastering as a speciality.

So, what should I know about and ask? Buzzwords! I need buzzwords!

Regards

Angus Macdonald
Corporate Systems Manager
North West Wales NHS Trust