[THIN] Way OT: Palm Treo 600, 650 PPP connection

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:08:16 -0400

Sorry for the OT post.
Does anyone on list know of a way for a Palm Treo smartphone/pda
device (Treo) to dial it's OWN PPP dialup session to RAS device?  Once
the PPP link is established I want to use a Palm OS compatible telnet
program.  I know you can have the Palm device act at as modem for a
Windows PC but I need it to work solo.  The Palm has an Internet
connection but opening telnet on firewall is too risky in my current
environment.
This weeks sponsor: Softricity
Attend Camp Virtualization - Softricity Virtualization Web Seminar Series -
Featuring industry experts including Doug Brown, president of DABCC
Consulting.Wednesday, 8/3, 12-1pm EDT: Virtualization in an Always-On, Mobile &
Sometimes Disconnected World.
http://www.softricity.com/news/webinar-reg.asp?eventID=alwayson