[THIN] Re: OT: Sprint PCS Scammers!

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:11:38 -0700

I dumped Sprint when my contract was up. Their coverage was horrible and I
would drop calls constantly (not a very good when I'm trying to conduct
business).    Not sure about the newer Sprint phones, the one I had allowed
me to only use Sprints Network (effectively turning off roaming).   My
Verizon service has been good so far, but I am a little annoyed that the
phone does not allow me to disable incoming call if roaming.  A separate
ring tone fixes that tho..  But rarely, if ever, has the phone been out of
network.

  _____

transmitters in the evening because the signal gets stronger at night...what
an idiot!) He also said that because of storms they may lose service. (there
were no storms that night...I checked the weather and my daughter wasn't in
the closet)

Anyways the phone is a flip phone and the calls were incoming calls..you
flip open the phone and the call is answered. You have it to your ear
talking so you really don't know that you are roaming unless you look for a
little R on the display.  Of course you wouldn't expect to be roaming in
your LOCAL COVERAGE area.  Sprints take is that it could happen anywhere and
anytime.   Bottom line is no matter how much I argued they refused to credit
me.

I suspect this is a scam that they  and maybe a lot of other service
providers are pulling on a lot of customers.  They expect them to know that
their phone may roam even in their LOCAL coverage area and that they expect
their customers to know that they need to change the settings on the phone
when they walk out of their store or they will be riddled with roaming
charges until they figure out what the little R means and how to change it
to only use the service providers coverage and not allow roaming.

If you have had this happen to you or you know someone who has had it happen
to please have them contact me as I am going to make a list.  I am seriously
considering forming a class action suit because of their deception if I can
conclude that this is a widespread problem. Any lawyers on the list for
takers?

Forward far and wide.

Thanks,
Jim Kenzig