[THIN] WI 3.0 Timeouts

  • From: Craig Buxton <Craig.Buxton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:08:26 -0500

I use the Web Interface on kiosk-type machines to allow user logons to a
published desktop.  When a user logs on they launch the published desktop.
Previously with WI 2.0 I had the IIS Session Timeout set to 2 min, so
effectively, while they were in the desktop session, they were logged out of
the web interface.  This way they could log off the desktop and walk away
w/o having to log out of the web interface as well.  I'm testing the WI 3.0
with PS3, but cannot figure out how to set a timeout with it.  I've tried
setting it in IIS like I did before, and also tried changing the
WebInterface.conf CacheExpireTime option to 120 seconds, but neither have
worked.  Anybody figure out how to adjust the timeout in WI 3.0?  It does
seem to timeout after a certain amount of time, but I'd like it to be
quicker.  Thanks!

-Craig Buxton
 <mailto:Craig.Buxton@xxxxxxxxx>

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba