[THIN] Re: NT 4 global profile change

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:02:18 +0100

Did you read what he asked for, though?

He actually wanted a quick way of being able to export what he has - and
as he has an NT domain (as opposed to AD - which anyways wouldn't make
any difference because CSVDE or LDIF would only extract LDAP info, and
that wouldn't give him TS specifics - well not in any usable fashion,
anyways) the up-to-date versions of ADDUSERS.EXE should provide this.

So he should be able to do an export, first, with all the details as is,
then use something like search replace in excel on a copy of the
extracted file, then import it to the domain again using ADDUSERS. And
with a copy of the original export file still available, a quick manner
of going back if he either users ADDUSERS, or group select within user
mangler for domains.

Actually scripting this, and he'd have to write something that would
dump out an extract. I realise scripting is the stock answer for many
questions, but looking at what he actually asked, is why I specifically
mentioned ADDUSERS.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.