[THIN] Re: WAY OT!

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:12:02 -0800 (PST)

There are several pcmcia thumbprint readers such as

http://www.eyenetwatch.com/biosecurity/biotouch-pcmcia-fingerprint-scanner.htm

Should be sufficient to keep the kids out of your porn
collection (or vice versa) :)

--- LDeFoor <citrix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am calling upon the wealth and knowledge of
> everyone on this list :)
>
> I have a laptop running windows XP.
>
> I have some VERY sensative issues on my laptop.  Not
> that I would EVER loose it
> or misplace it, but - I am looking for some sort of
> extra security for my
> laptop.  A different type of LOGON or something to
> that affect.  I know there
> are the biometric devices out there, but would hate
> to have to carry around a
> thumb print USB device and use it EVERY time I log
> in?
>
> Does anyone have any other ideas?
>
> Also, so I can explore that option, anyone know a
> decent biometric device for
> thumb prints??

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp