[THIN] Re: WAY OT!

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:32:37 +0000

for a bogstandard solution, you could use XP's encrypting file system on all
your data..
as for biometric stuff, wasnt pretty much everything on the market shown to be
pretty useless in some report a short while back?

for something that could almost be considered secure, you'd be better off
getting a different OS on there! ;) (*nix/bsd both have encrypting filesystems
available i believe)

Andrew
--o--

>>> citrix@xxxxxxxxxx 23/01/04 16:13:56 >>>
I am calling upon the wealth and knowledge of everyone on this list :)

I have a laptop running windows XP.

I have some VERY sensative issues on my laptop.  Not that I would EVER loose it
or misplace it, but - I am looking for some sort of extra security for my
laptop.  A different type of LOGON or something to that affect.  I know there
are the biometric devices out there, but would hate to have to carry around a
thumb print USB device and use it EVERY time I log in?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Also, so I can explore that option, anyone know a decent biometric device for
thumb prints??

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials* Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp