[THIN] Visio 2003

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:49:49 -0500

Can anyone explain why:

When I connect to a server via RDP and launch Visio 2003 I am able to modify
the Text Quality and Display Options settings under the Tools -> Options
menu.  This allows me to enable to Smooth Drawing feature, which is really
nice.

When I connect to the same server via ICA and launch Visio (as the same
user) I am unable to modify the Text Quality and Display Options settings
under the Tools -> Options menu.  It also ALWAYS turns off the Smooth
Drawing feature (even if I set it via the registry), which is a real pain in
the a$$ because of the way it repaints shapes when you are typing text
associated with a shape.  The performance isn't much of an issue on PCs with
the ICA client, but on our Wyse 3125s Visio is almost unusable over ICA.

If anyone can offer an explanation for this behavior (and better yet, a
work-around) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jay

http://www.seamlessplanet.com