[THIN] Re: User refuses to autocreate printers - at all

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:58:58 -0700

The AD account shouldn't make a difference.    A Couple of things to check

Are you using the UPD?

Are you using Auto-created printing but using a driver?

Do the driver names match on the client and the server?

  If not, is there a printer mapping?

Is there a policy for auto-created printers define in the PSMC that applies
to this user?

Is there another policy that disables the auto-create printer?

  If so, is this policy a high priority than the Auto-create policy?

What client version is the end user using?

What do the event logs show?

Joe