[THIN] Re: Upgrading from NT4.0 TSE / MF1.8

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:55:33 +0000

I've not used MFXP, but I dont believe it can use the 1.8 licenses, due to
being a totally different version, but also due to the way MFXP stores its
licenses - I believe theyre kept in a secure access/sql/whatever database which
all the servers use, as opposed to being distributed throughout the farm, as
1.8 works.

Hopefully someone on MFXP will confirm or correct this :)

Andrew
--o--

>>> scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/11/03 12:45:00 >>>

Maybe my questions were too vague but I just had what I thought were two
easy, quick questions. 1 - Can MF XP draw licenses from those pooled from
MF 1.8 boxes?  and 2 - If question one answer is "Yes", if the XP box moves
to a different subnet can it still draw from the pool?  I'm only referring
to the Citrix side of licensing, on the MS side, I'm fine.

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147