[THIN] Unsubscribe

  • From: "Linderman, Jim" <jlinderman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:43:45 -0700

 -----Original Message-----
From:   thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Wed Jun 09 12:39:25 2004
To:     thin digest users
Subject:        thin Digest V3 #316

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping
you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single
biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper
to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
**********************************************************------------------------------------
thin Digest     Wed, 09 Jun 2004        Volume: 03  Issue: 316

In This Issue:
        #1:     From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Oracle data store
        #2:     From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Error 1056: Virtual driver name not found
in modu
        #3:     From: "ASTI Framil, Cornelio Jr. N."
<junframil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: PowerBuilder 7
        #4:     From: "Nikolic, Aleks" <ANikolic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Sasser patch b0rk me.
        #5:     From: "Ryan Lambert" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: OT - Copy files by date
        #6:     From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Web Interface 3.0
        #7:     From: jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Subject: [THIN] Lexmark T 632 what do you alias it to
        #8:     From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #9:     From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #10:    From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #11:    From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #12:    From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Lexmark T 632 what do you alias it to
        #13:    From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #14:    From: "Bergman, Bryan L." <Bryan.Bergman@xxxxxxx>
        #15:    From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #16:    From: Robert Barrett <RobertB@xxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Flex Profile and Folder Redirection
        #17:    From: "Eric S. Perkins" <esp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Exchange 2003 SP1
        #18:    From: Jason Patten <pattenj@xxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Ugh!  Drive problems  Somewhat Off - Topic
        #19:    From: "Foote, Eric" <EFoote@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Help - Users disappear from Pub App
        #20:    From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: Ugh!  Drive problems  Somewhat Off - Topic
        #21:    From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:53:24 +0100

Yup, exactly what I had concluded previously until I spoke to our Oracle guys.

I will let you know the outcome.

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:17:41 +1000
From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Michael,

If there's a corrupted pre-existing module.ini in
%userprofile%\application data\icaclient, then I suspect it won't be
overwritten by a new install. Try deleting the %userprofile%\application
data\icaclient folder and then re-running PN.exe.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems Ltd
18 Heussler Terrace, Milton 4064=20
Queensland Australia.=20
Ph: +61 7 3246 7704=20
email: rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
web: www.volante.com.au

From: "ASTI Framil, Cornelio Jr. N." <junframil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:52:39 +0800

Hi David,

Here in the Philippines, I have encountered three home made (front-end) apps
errors (develop using PowerBuilder 7) in our customer.  I encountered
printing, graphics, and user interface problems on the Citrix client; but
running the apps locally on the Citrix server, there are no problems.

What I did is install (typical) the PowerBuilder 7 on Citrix server.  Then
install all of the Service Pack/Patches for PowerBuilder 7 on Citrix server;
don't forget the install mode.  Restarts the Citrix Server; then the errors
are gone.  Download the PowerBuilder patches--> this would really help.

Let me know if the problems still exist.

    ___ _   _ _   _
   |_  | | | | \ | |
     | | | | |  \| |
     | | | | | . ` |
 /\__/ / |_| | |\  |
 \____/ \___/\_| \_/

From: "Nikolic, Aleks" <ANikolic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:09:43 +0200

It seems that we found the problem in our farm. Turned out to be one of the
Terminal Servers that blocked access from it to the other two servers.

There were no obvious problems found on this server..something just seemed
to be broke..! It was also hard to determine that it was in fact 1 terminal
server that gave the problems because users sometimes didn't report the
problem, rebooted the system and would get re-directed to another server
which did not have any issues. After we found it, we just rolled a
ghostimage back on the server and everything was fine...
Thanks everybody for the input (and Steve in special for giving the hint to
look at server where the user was coming from)!

Regards,

Aleks
- - -

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:14:08 -0400
From: "Ryan Lambert" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cool.

This will come in handy.

Thanks again.

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:14:12 -0400
From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

M,

I have it up in testing, I've noticed that the session timeouts are different.
Do you recall where all the settings are?

  _____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
 <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  _____

From: jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:29:46 -400

I have been told that my company has ordered/purchased a Lexmark T632.  I have
now been charged with making it work on Citrix.

Anyone have any ideas about what Lexmark driver or other might work with this
on MF XP.  I don't see a native driver and do see some posts for the 622, but
never saw what they used for a driver.

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:54:01 -0400
From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Actually this only seems to be able to copy by modified date, does anyone know
of any utilities that will allow you to copy files based on the "Accessed" date
instead?

Thanks,
Mike

        Ryan Lambert wrote:
        > Perfect!
        >

        > Thanks Jim.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:57:13 -0400
From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cancel that - the one from the message thread that I hadn't look at yet will do
it based on access date and that is XXCopy. Robocopy and NewMove from AnalogX
don't seem to have that feature. Sorry for the extra post :)

-Mike

                Ryan Lambert wrote:
                > Perfect!
                >

                > Thanks Jim.

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:41:20 +0100
From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

robocopy can, using /MINLAD:x and /MAXLAD:x (Last Access Date)

Andrew
--o--

>>> Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/06/04 13:54:01 >>>
Actually this only seems to be able to copy by modified date, does anyone k=
now of any utilities that will allow you to copy files based on the "Access=
ed" date instead?=20
=20
Thanks,
Mike

        -----Original Message-----=20
        And if you want to script it by time and date they also have a tool
        called sarch that you can use....
        http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/sarch.htm=20
=09
        JK
=09

        http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D147=20
        http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm=20
        http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID7=20
        http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm=20
=09

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:03:51 -0400
From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks - I had an old version (1.96) of RoboCopy in my path which didn't have
that feature.

                Ryan Lambert wrote:
                > Perfect!
                >

                > Thanks Jim.

Msg: #12 in digest
From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:57:16 +0100

My not-at-all balanced view, based on my Lexmark experiences, is that =
you
should alias it to a big hole in the ground in a dangerously unstable
geological area ;-)

If it's a laser you might get away with the UPD or the standard Laserjet =
4
driver. If they don't work you should keep as far away as possible from =
the
problem.

I have been told that my company has ordered/purchased a Lexmark T632.  =
have now been charged with making it work on Citrix.=20

Anyone have any ideas about what Lexmark driver or other might work with
this on MF XP.  I don't see a native driver and do see some posts for =
the
622, but never saw what they used for a driver.

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping
you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single
biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper
to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D147

Gallai'r e-bost yma gynnwys gwybodaeth gyfrinachol a/neu ddeunydd =
hawlfraint.  Os ydych chi'n meddwl eich bod wedi derbyn yr e-bost yma =
drwy gamgymeriad rydym yn ymddiheuro am hyn; peidiwch os gwelwch yn dda =
=E2 datgelu, anfon ymlaen, printio, cop=EFo na dosbarthu gwybodaeth yn =
yr e-bost yma na gweithredu mewn unrhyw fodd drwy ddibynnu ar ei =
gynnwys: gwaherddir gwneud hynny'n gyfan gwbl a gallai fod yn =
anghyfreithlon. Rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr fod y neges yma wedi mynd ar =
goll cyn ei dileu.
=20
Mae unrhyw safbwynt neu farn a gyflwynir yn eiddo i'r awdur ac nid ydynt =
o anghenraid yn cynrychioli safbwynt neu farn Ymddiriedolaeth GIG =
Gogledd Orllewin Cymru.

Gallai cynnwys yr e-bost yma gael ei ddatgelu i'r cyhoedd o dan G=F4d =
Bod yn Agored y GIG neu Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000.  Nid oes modd =
gwarantu cyfrinachedd y neges ac unrhyw ateb.=20

Bydd y neges yma ac unrhyw ffeiliau cysylltiedig wedi cael eu gwirio gan =
feddalwedd canfod firws cyn eu trosglwyddo.  Ond rhaid i'r sawl sy'n =
derbyn wirio rhag firws ei hun cyn agor unrhyw ymgysylltiad.  Nid yw'r =
Ymddiriedolaeth yn derbyn unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am unrhyw golled neu niwed =
a allai gael ei achosi gan firws meddalwedd.

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright =
material.  If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error =
please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, forward, print, =
copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in =
reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be =
unlawful.  Please inform the sender that this message has gone astray =
before deleting it.

Any views or opinions presented are to be understood as those of the =
author and do not necessarily represent those of the North West Wales =
NHS Trust.

The contents of this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under =
the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.  The =
confidentiality of the message and any reply cannot be guaranteed.

This message and any attached files will have been checked with virus =
detection software before transmission.  However, recipients must carry =
out their own virus checks before opening any attachment.  The Trust =
accepts no liability for any loss or damage, which may be caused by =
software viruses.

------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:18:36 +0100
From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just out of interest ;-)

Does anybody have the downloadable hosted anywhere? (I know it's on
mycitrix if you have SA, but I don't... :-(

Neil

I have it up in testing, I've noticed that the session timeouts are
different.  Do you recall where all the settings are?

Found a couple of minor "issues" including one that may give us a slight
headache if we move to XP PS 3.0 and use the full W.I features.
Session timeouts are handled differently.

Looks and feel better than WI 2.x (users pointed this out).
Available applications window is handled better.
Doesn't rely on MS java.
Runs a treat on Server 2003 Web Edition

Regards

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

------------------------------

Msg: #14 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:49:58 -0400
From: "Bergman, Bryan L." <Bryan.Bergman@xxxxxxx>

 Create a mycitrix username/password and go to the downloads section.
Otherwise, I can zip it up and send it to you.

From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:15:46 -0700

We have literally hundreds of T520 and T630 Lexmarks deployed across our
farm using the native T520 and T630 drivers, which "seem" to work fine. Keep
in mind that these are all networked printers using NT Print servers/shares.
I would bet that the T632 would use the T520 or T630 drivers, both of which
are available as signed drivers in W2K3. However, that being said, As Angus
mentioned in his email, I would test UPD to see if that works and provides
the functionality your users require. I am considering testing UPDs for my
printers as soon as I stabilize a 40-server MFXP migration. If you don't
need the specific capabilities provided by the native drivers, why not use
something tried and true like UPD? Less headaches in the long run likely!

Rob
24 Hour Fitness

I have been told that my company has ordered/purchased a Lexmark T632.  I
have now been charged with making it work on Citrix.

Anyone have any ideas about what Lexmark driver or other might work with
this on MF XP.  I don't see a native driver and do see some posts for the
622, but never saw what they used for a driver.

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping you from getting
more from your terminal servers? Did you know, in most cases, CPU
Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this
free white paper to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
the below link:
http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm

------------------------------

Msg: #16 in digest
From: Robert Barrett <RobertB@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:24:23 -0600

Hi all,

We are having an issue with one application not saving the reg keys.  The
reg path is HKCU\Software\Management Information Group  there are several
keys under that one.  We have tried specifying the next level of keys but
that is not working either.  We have spaces in other key names so that
should not be an issue.  Since this is the grading program it is kind of
important.  Any ideas why that key is not being saved into the ops files?
Everything else in the ini file saves into the ops fine. Thanks

Robert Barrett MCSE, CCA

Enterprise Administrator
robertb@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:robertb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: (780) 927-3766
Fax: (780) 926-3037
http://www.fvsd.ab.ca <http://www.fvsd.ab.ca/>

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: fvsdlogo.gif

------------------------------

Msg: #17 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:06:29 -0500
From: "Eric S. Perkins" <esp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

No problems so far here, I have installed it on 2 medium/small sized
networks, that are testing it.

-Eric

From: Jason Patten <pattenj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:07:20 -0400

For whatever reason, My PC here at work has Windows XP pro on a drive
Formatted Fat32 not NTFS.  I am starting to get messages about Corrupted
files on the disk, but if I try to Run Checdsk it wont correct them.  And If
I try to run Scandisk it warns me the File system may get corrupted.   Any
idea on what I can use to do a Good scan and repair on my drive?  Or am I
out of luck.
Jason

670,616,629 mph.  Its not just a good idea, its the law.

------------------------------

Msg: #19 in digest
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:24:41 -0400
From: "Foote, Eric" <EFoote@xxxxxxx>

Rob,
We have had this problem in the past and it was due to one or more =
servers dumping bad info into the DS.  Do a qfarm /app "app name" /load =
and you will likely find one or more servers reporting bad info (or =
garbage chars in the report).  Run DSVerify to correct any errors (after =
a backup), keep running it until it is clean.

That did it for us - we had two instances in a 24 hour period about 8 =
months ago - after the process above it has not came back.

Eric

From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:10:25 -0400

Ugh! Drive problems Somewhat Off - TopicJason,
Try booting into SAFE mode and running chkdsk from there. I think you can
use the gui.

HTH,

Raff

From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>