[THIN] Re: USB Printer

  • From: awillis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:42:47 +1000

Hi John,

The following Citrix KB article also contains some good information about
USB device support.

http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=118&entryID=1458&fromSearchPage=true

Regards,

Ashley.

             "Mack, Rick"
             <RMack@xxxxxxxxxx
             m.au>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
             thin-bounce@freel         <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             ists.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/08/2003 09:13          [THIN] Re: USB Printer
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

If it's a printer on an ICA client, AND the drivers are native to the O.S.
of the Metaframe system and don't contain their own USB interface drivers,
then you shouldn't have any troubles printing to the autocreated printer
queue. The alternative is using UPD which "ought" to work with most things.

I've certainly got quite a few customets using USB printers with Metaframe.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx