[THIN] Re: IMA Login issue

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:41:32 +1000

HI Guido,

I've got some potentially bad news for you.

The local admin is regsitered in the datastore as a SID. When you go from a
stand-alone server to a DC the server's machine SID changes, also changing
the local administrator's SID (now a domain admin).

So when you log on, the CMC checks to see if you're on the allowed users
list, by matching your SID against what's in the datastore.

One thing I generally do with a new site, is that as soon as I can log on to
the CMC, I add domain admins to the full control administrators list.

What you do next depends on how much work you put into settings things up.

(1) Start again using chfarm and create new farm.
    You can retrieve the licenses with "clicense strings > ctxlicences.txt".
You can then use
    mlicense to add and activate them when you've recreated. Published apps
will have to be
    redefined.

(2) Contact Citrix support, send them a copy of your datastore and
appropriate SID information,
     and they can edit the datastore to allow your new admin SID.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
 <mailto:rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx