[THIN] UPDII using Hpcolor drivers spools larger (actually enormous) fil es on the client side

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:21:09 -0700

I have seen this happening and have read a little about what is happening on
citrix but it seems a little lame.

Can anyone point me to the real details for what is going on?

Example of what is happening:

Print to a printer which is using upd hp color.  Job on the citrix side is
quite small (graphics image) may 20-30 k.

Starts spooling on the client side to go to the printer and can end up with
100 meg file before it starts printing.

Thanks

Doug Stratton
Operations Engineering