[THIN] Re: UFR II Printer drivers vs PCL5e/5c

  • From: Sean Diggins <diggo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:24:31 +0800 (WST)

Sorry for so many posts in quick succession. I guess I'm not thinking very
clearly today: when using Print-IT (or any other RDS print solution) over a
WAN, does the type of driver even matter? If Print-IT is collecting the data,
squashing into EMF  and sending it to the local print server (or client PC if
there is no local print server) then the driver is only relevant to the
communication between the print server and printer, correct? IOW, the print
driver is only relevant in circumstances where is has to be installed on the
RDS server. So it seems I've been wasting bandwidth on this list - sorry!

Thanks,

Sean