[THIN] Re: UFR II Printer drivers vs PCL5e/5c

  • From: Sean Diggins <diggo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:35:26 +0800 (WST)

Adding to my original post, AFAIK, UFR II is partly host based, where a bunch
of processing happens in the host before it is poured out to the printer. We've
run into trouble with this before - not with Canon's UFR, but with cheaper HP
lasers which didnt have JetDirect. I assume the same reliance on host
processing is what makes cheap inkjets such a PITA on RDS WANs.

I'm planning on using the PCL5e/5c drivers. The tech guy from company that sold
us the device suggested using the UFR drivers (hence my query on this email
list)

Thanks,

Sean