[THIN] Trouble printing across the network from HP T5700 XPe terminals

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:16:36 -0000

We have an odd problem with some T5700 terminals we're deploying. They print
perfectly to local printers but as soon as we try to print across the
network to an LPD or TCP/IP print server (NT queue or JetDirect unit),
prints come out in text mode. It's as if the terminal is determined to use
the generic/text driver regardless of what we select and what is indicated
in the print queue. The content of test pages confirms that, with a driver
name of RASDD.DLL and a data file of TXTONLY.DLL.

Can anyone suggest a reason for this? How do I convince my XPe terminals to
use the proper driver for network printing?

Angus