[THIN] Re: Trend Analysis / Server performance issue

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:44:23 +0100

Hi Angela,

If you didn't set up the Resource Manager Summary Database months ago, then
it's impossible to do trend analysis based on Resource Manager data.
If you need to start today then Perfmon will do just fine.

Depending on what causes your performance bottleneck, it's hard to tell what
will be most beneficial to your performance. If you have a good Server build
solution then I would go for a additional Citrix server.

Regards,
Michel Roth
www.thincomputing.net

On 11/28/06, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I have an issue where my users (around 270 - 300 concurrent) are
complaining
Citrix is slow (intermittently).  We have 7 servers running Presentation
Server 4 on Windows 2003.  We have around 100 applications running per box
(44 user connections per box with 2-4 apps in use each).  Resource Manager
on almost every server is complaining about "Paging File" as each server
uses between 4 - 5Gb of Swap.  The other Resource Manager counter that
worries me is "Processor %interrupt time%" which is yellow or red also.

I need to do some performance analysis on these boxes and was wondering
what
tool is most appropriate.  I need to get information on CPU usage, Memory
Usage, Page File usage across my farm for the past 1-2 months.  Im hoping
this information would give me enough ammunition for management to get
more
servers added to the farm.

What is the best tool for trending? (it would be great if it was free
also).
  Ive never really used Resource Manager in any detail.

Would you add more servers or install a product such as Appsense to
correct
my performance issue?

Thanks
Ang