[THIN] Re: Tough One--Nfuse sites stop responding during mid- afte rnoon

  • From: Mason Dively <mdively@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:36:11 -0600

Ron--

I'm not sure--we haven't had this happen since last Tuesday and Wednesday.  I
will monitor this process should this occur again in the future (god-willing it
won't.)  Our problem might have been related to things that Rose and Andrew
mentioned.  This started occurring at the same time that the internally
developed software that our application servers contain was upgraded.  After
the software was upgraded we began to see our application servers getting
killed by runaway processes and had as many as 5 to 7 application servers lock
up each day.  Once the code was corrected for the software that our application
servers were providing, the NFuse problem mysteriously went away.  It makes
sense to an extent that things would start acting hokey when a handful of
machines are unable to respond, but the whole thing with the web client popup
window not going away threw me off.  It did this on both of our web servers--it
was just kinda odd.

Thanks,

Mason B. Dively  MCP,CCA
Amdocs CMI Production Windows Support