[THIN] Re: Time zone issue

  • From: Jeremy Thomas <jeremy.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:14:56 +0200

The timezone should be held on the client, and this is "interpreted" by
Citrix (though you can turn this off through a Citrix policy).

I had an issue with certain Wyse thin clients whereby it could hold a shift
from GMT (like GMT-5), but it did not match up exactly to the server
timezones, so the server just assumed it was the first timezone
alphabetically. So instead of "US Central Time" (with daylight savings), we
got "Central America Time" (without daylight savings).

The fix was a firmware upgrade from Wyse.

So the first question would be what clients are you using and do they
display the correct timezone?

I don't think it will be a profile or a server issue.

Regards,
Jez.

  _____