[THIN] Terminal Services stops responding to new connections

  • From: "Richard Wykes" <Richard.Wykes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:44:26 -0000

Hi all,

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help.

DL360G4p servers running Windows 2003 SP2 / Citrix PS4 R04

We have a problem with our PS4 servers stopping responding to new rdp or
ica connections.  Also, if you try and logon at the console it lets you
enter your username and password then just sits there on a blank screen
and never logs in.  Users on the server at the time work fine but no new
users can connect.

The only thing we can do is wait until all the users are off the server
and physically power cycle the server.   Then, it will last a few more
days and it will happen again.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

The only thing I've found so far is the following error in the event
log:

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    TermService

Event Category: None

Event ID:              1006

Date:                     31/12/2007

Time:                     07:52:17

User:                     N/A

Computer:          ***********

The terminal server received large number of incomplete connections.
The system may be under attack.

0000: 7f 00 00 01               ...

Cheers

Richard

This is an email from the CPP Group Plc, Holgate Park, York, YO26 4GA;
telephone +44 (0)1904 544500.
This message may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient,
you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you
have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile or
telephone and either
return or destroy the original message.
The CPP Group Plc accepts no responsibility for any changes made to this
message after it has been
sent by the original author.  This email has been scanned for all viruses by
the MessageLabs Email Security System.