[THIN] Re: Terminal Services Licensing problem

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:21:57 -0600

Thanks for your help, you were all correct about the service pack that
resolves this issue.  I called Microsoft to get the licenses re-issued.  It
was surprisingly less painful than I thought it would be!

Thanks again for all your help!!

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications
Data Systems Engineer
CCNA

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Tasita Ebacher Posted At: Friday, March 26, 2004 8:25 AM Posted To: The
thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] Terminal Services Licensing problem
Subject: [THIN] Terminal Services Licensing problem

Hello,

I'm running into a problem with licensing that is giving me a headache!
I have asked for help on other message boards and help sites with no luck.
Just viewing this list makes me think you guys may have the answers. :-)

Here goes:

I have a Win2K primary domain controller that is our terminal services
license server also.  It has 20 licenses in it, and all 20 are used.

This is, of course, causing problems. :-(

The really annoying issue is that half of the 20 used licenses are used by
either duplicate machines or users who are not with the company any longer.

So, how do I free the licenses that are used by machines that don't exist on
the network any more???  Do I have to deactivate the server w/ Microsoft and
then Reactivate it???

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications
Data Systems Engineer
CCNA

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert consulting services you
can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com
the below link: